Today i got up in the mood to go to school, (1) I knew it was going to be a short day and (2) We are now covering a topic that im comfortable with - Travel entitlements. We spent ton Fiscal processing and to me it was boring and a little complicated at the same time. It doesnt help that I have a short attention span. But hey travel - thats no real problem for me, I ran the travel section at my last command, so Im on cruise control until this topic ends.
But there was no work for today. We learned that we have a student sweep which means every student attending school in ALL the classes had to provide a sample for urinalysis (drug testing). Now normally this isnt so bad. At my previous commands we go in the restroom with a "observer" you go in the bathroom, he just sits in the bathroom in the open area, you provide a sample, do a little paperwork and thats it. But its not so simple here at this training command from what they was telling us.. A couple of my classmates was talking about you have to "get buck naked from the waste down and the observer pulls a chair in front of you and observes your "jingle bells" (this is a "G" rated blog) going in the cup. Now this sounded a little crazy too me, but they were all saying "no, no its true, its true" So im thinking they have to see your crack and everything??? Does my buttcheeks need to be in the breeze?? Ok..whatever Its not everyday so fine.. But when i went to my designated location and when it was my time to go I had this skinny black dude as my observer.. So we went to the bathroom and it wasnt even like that - but they do have to watch your "jinglebells" providing a sample to the cup..Its not the most comfortable thing in the world but its protocol to prevent you from providing a fake sample or whatever. So its ok. No different feeling than going to the doctor and doing all the things he/she needs you to do to treat you.
Today I ate at the galley, (pork adobo, mixed vegetables, spinach, rice) To say it wasnt good is a understatement. I had to look down at my clothes to make sure I wasnt wearing a orange jumpsuit with the prison number #128734. But hey food is food and Its not that im ungrateful, Its just that if you know someone or a institution is paying for a food and paying you to provide it, the least you can do is prepare it properly. I think this is because its payday and they dont expect people to eat there because they have money in their pockets. But I dont care if it is payday I aint spending no more than I have too..these are tough economic times.
No comments:
Post a Comment