Today I went out just to get away from the barracks. I navigated my way to Best Buy to see if i could find a webcam i could use for skype. So i found best buy and got my camera and was on my way to my car when a woman stopped me with a box of candy. She said, " I dont mean any disrespect but Im out here with my daughter and we are having a rough time. I have some candy here and all im asking for is donations. I had some coins in my pocket which i gave to her and got me a grape blowpop. As I was driving out of the parking lot I saw the lady talking to a couple and her daughter " I guess that was her" was standing nearby. it seems the couple gave them some money i dont know how much. But to see the look on the daughters face made these tough economic times real for me. She had a look mixed with shame and embarrassement. but she stood by the mother as she talked with the couple. Then i thought to myself "How blessed am I?" That could be me not knowing where my next meal was coming from. Then i wished i would have gave her more. But i didnt have but $7 dollars in my wallet.
I realized as i was driving home that me and my family is blessed beyond blessed. And we should thank the Good Lord when we have the money to pay our bills and buy the things we need to keep going. I have spent much money on useless items and even though I manage to save a little bit im going to do better, because I felt then if you have then you should do.
I learned you cant judge a book by its cover. Many times I saw Tony Robbins books in the store and i never thought to try it because he looked goofy to me. But his infomercial came on about some motivational items he was selling. It sounded good so i decided to check you tube to see what kind of speaker he was and to see if he was legit. Well i learned that guy is a powerful speaker. Ill have to try to pick up some of his items. I like motivational books.
Well I wasted most of this saturday away. Ill have to study all day tomorrow to catch up...
No comments:
Post a Comment