Friday, January 23, 2009

Attention to Detail

Today I got my next two test scores for our "job" sheets. One I scored a 88.10 and the other one was 90.87. And most of the class scored higher than me. All my mistakes were because I didnt provide the complete answer or I was rushing to finish everything up. And its minus one point if you forget any small detail..because you are dealing with Navy funds so everything needs to be perfect..Now I know you are thinking "why is this" well its because during this class we are allowed to talk to each other and help each other with the answers and use our notes. So basically the class ends up comparing notes-then going to the most experienced person on the subject to make sure their answers are ok.. The teachers encourage this because they say out in the fleet we can call on other people when you need help.
Now me with my hard headed self , I very rarely try to copy anyones answers even when they offer me the paper. Why? Because I want to know it for myself and correct my own mistakes besides copying off others or letting them give me the answers. Test scores are great - but when you are out there and that inspector or Supervisor wants you to provide some information , you dont have classmates to call or refer too. There are no instructors and you are basically out on a island. A island I have been on many times...So to me Its important that I know it on my own. So my scores are taking a beating(a little) But im still going to come out this class with a decent score.
Enough of the school - today i had a taste for some Phillipino food. I got it and it wasnt as good as i imagined it would be because i had it before. They were slacking today.. Ill give them another try before i leave because i got the same thing when i first got here and it was delicous..I need to take some pictures for updates.
I took a nap when i got home from school..after i ate of course and now its 11:00pm. Nothing much to do..I could go out on the town because its near but I dont feel like spending any money.
I guess Ill wash my clothes so I dont have to do it tomorrow.

No comments: