In the last few days I was struggling to think about something to blog about. This is because there was nothing that happened that I thought was worth telling. But Ill just touch on a few observations for the last couple of days and see what was interesting.
Saturday- I was cleaning the car and a guy came over and checked it out and told me it was "a nice machine" I thanked him and noticed he had a pretty nice truck. I noticed it had a trailer hitch on the back, while he was explaining to me that he had a 18ft boat that he uses to sportfish and relax on with his sons. He was retired navy and he had sons who where currently in the navy. Black man of course. Now this observation was regular run in the mill except one fact: I could not get over the fact that he had a raggedy mouth. Like Kenny Ray, Johnnie Smith, Jasper Williams type raggedy. As a matter of fact if I would have saw him in passing - he strikes you as one of those cats that ride around the neighborhood on a old bike waving and grinning wide at everyone he sees. Dont front, you all know what im talking about. I guess teeth arent that high on the priority list....
Super Bowl - GREAT GAME! I was pulling for the Cardinals till i realized that it would mean more for Mike Tomlin (Pittsburghs Coach) to win. By him leading that team to the Superbowl and winning and him being so young will open the door for so many black coaches. This is only his second year on the job and he is one of the youngest head coaches in the league. That has got to open some eyes - Even though they didnt spend much time giving him credit. Most of the credit I noticed went to Ben Rothlesburger- The QB from Pittsburgh. But they know.
Larry Fitzgerald from the Cardinals is WAY better than I thought. Phenomonal player.
Today I went to lunch with some of my classmates at the galley. It was a normal lunch until I realized that it was a mini-united nations. It was me, a guy from Nigeria, a guy from Jamaica, and a guy from Belize. We talked about why the US was in trouble and why/how Bush jacked up America. I have strong opinions on this matter -but I was more interested in their points of view, so I mostly listened and basically they thought like I did. You know sometimes I used to look at TV and I used to wonder - Am I the only one who is noticing this craziness. Is everyone else fooled. Well I learned from all the people Ive talked too from everywhere that people know when you are not coming correct and when you are not being honest. However there are some die hard Bush supporters and I knew it because we were getting some hard looks from people sitting at surrounding tables..(because we were talking loud like black folk do) But nobody said one word to us.
Today I got a 100 on one of my job sheets. Now my average is around 94.3. Although its not the best, My goal is to leave with what I came to get. and thats what I intend to do......
No comments:
Post a Comment