In class our instructor passed out a copy of a article where a Cheif (E-7) had been convicted of forcing himself on a young female sailor while at a local hotel. He ended up losing his rank, half of his months pay for 2 months, and after which he was going to get kicked out of the military. The article went on to say that the sailor was "traumatized" by the event and would need additional counseling to restore her faith in the male upper chain of command or something of that nature.Now here is what I found interesting. After listening to the class give their opinion on the article 99% of the class (100% of the female class members) beleived the notion that the female sailor was just as guilty as the Cheif. They beleived that there was more to the story and that possibly the female sailor was not as innocent and traumatized as the article made her out to be.
Now....Normally a reasonable person would give the benefit of the doubt to the young sailor which obvious is what happened during the case, because the Cheif should have known better. I didnt voice my opinion but I did say that I doubt the whole story is coming out, because from being at my different commands and observing how a lot of the young female sailors carry themselves in the workplace and outside the workplace, I can Definitely see how they were very skeptical about her being "traumatized". Since this is a " G" rated blog im not going to go into what they thought happened in the case. Now none of them knew the individuals involved in this particular incident- but they reinacted what they thought happened. All of which had interesting points of view. I was most suprised at the opinions of the female class members. Like i said - im not going to go into what they said but it was crazy. Not at all what i expected their reaction to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment